Thursday, September 24, 2009

MORE INTERNET ACCESS!!!!!!!!!

Whoa, it has been a long time since I have written. The blog below is the first one, so read that first. The internet just hasn’t been working in town, I am not sure why, but it just isn’t working.

Interesting things:

Scabies wasn’t actually scabies, it was something else and is almost completely gone.

I went out to lunch the other day with my host mom, host sister, and the Japanese Volunteer in the house. It was a good bye lunch for him, because he has finished his two years and has left. It was good though because he actually talked. This is not normal. We lived in the same house for a little over four months and I knew nothing about him and had heard him talk like two times for three words each time. My host mom was great too, she walks in and is like “I want a margarita!” I hadn’t seen her ask for a drink before.

Other things:

Mel Zelaya is back in Honduras. As of now there has been no issues with this, but we are again unable to travel through Teguc.

In a few weeks the aspirantes will become volunteers. We are getting two in the department. One is a youth development volunteer and the other is in municipal development.

Things are progressing fine, I no longer have embarrassment to speak in Spanish, and as long as people don’t speak too mumbled I can understand them. Please no cracks on the hypocrisy of that statement.

I have finally started a few of my own projects for work. With the situation still a little volatile, I don’t want to travel in case they reinstate the curfew so I haven’t been traveling.

1 comment:

Lois said...

I can't POSSIBLY not comment on that comment - listen to the pot call the kettle black! Ha, mumbling, who'd guess it was hard to understand - lol!