Friday, April 23, 2010

Quick Update

Well, things have been going well since I got back from my vacation.

Training has been going well. We completed the survey/design part of training, and my good friends Kalin and Bert came down to help with that. Always a pleasure seeing them. Xiah, from vacation fun, came down for GPS and microwatershed info. Afterwards while the trainees were learning about HIV/AIDS, I had some free time to do my work. My counterparts appreciated that. And the last two days we have been stoves, look back to my training update on stoves to get all the basic details.

The stoves has been the hardest to plan because people kept not talking to me, and then I had to switch communities we were going to build them in, and then they didn't have time to make the clay blocks, so we had to buy them, one person didn't come down to supervise, so we had two people supervising four groups, and we switched stove designs to save some money. In the end everything came together, and four famillies now have new firewood efficient stoves with chimneys to get the smoke out of the house and not into the lungs of the women.\

Thats all for now folks,

Jill

No comments: