Thursday, March 26, 2009

oops






so, i in an internet cafe now trying to do a video chat thing with my parents, and i shut everything down to try to get that to work, but it is just not happening. the two pictures above are the other ones for the last entry.



anything else, oh yeah, i didn´t write about the charla we gave the other day. on tuesday, all the groups had to give a charla (its kind of a mix between a talk and a presentation). my group gave a talk that works with water systems in the area. i was really happy to not have to go to the schools. the group we got was really active and liked to talk which was a blessing. my spanish held up for me which was something i really appreciated. we have our next spanish classes next week, and it will be fun to see what level i am at now. i was bugging my spanish teacher to tell me what level she thinks i am at now but she wouldn´t. its always a secret with the spanish classes, i don´t know why. i know i have improved a lot. i still need to get better at understanding people though who have not been trained to speak slowly and enunciate like crazy. goodness knows i never took the time to enunciate correctly in english.






what else. we have been out in the field the last two days doing abney level studies. it is well over 100F outside, so it is very fun to do this. also, we somehow managed to uncalibrate our instrument. i have pictures, but i need to put them on my computer, then later onto my usb drive.






i think that is it for now.






love you all






Jill

No comments: