Friday, January 29, 2010

a rather boring week, but surprises for Seca

Hello once again.

Hmm, it is hard to write about the last week because the main feature was extreme laziness. Saying that, I did do some topo study work.

One funny note, my dog just scared herself quite a bit. We were playing with a rag, a favorite toy. I was swinging it above her head, just to be moved as she jumped for it. This time, I let go of the toy and her back legs slid out from under her, leaving her falling backwards, and landing smack on her back. She wasn’t so happy, but I thought it was funny. She wasn’t hurt.

This week I went to a regional safety and security meeting. I met up with people I haven’t seen in a while from the department, so that was interesting. We live in the safest inhabited area of the country. There is one department (state) that has very few people and is really separated from the rest of the country as far as transportation goes, which is technically a little safer, but there are no volunteers in that area.

At this meeting I got to show off pictures of Lucas, the cutest nephew in the world.

I heard from my former sitemate, T, who is currently living in Costa Rica. She has a 3 month old puppy, so I can share puppy stories with her. I do have to say though, I am happy with Seca’s behavior. I think she does well for being shut up in my small apartment for most of the day.

The good thing about the topo study work was that I brought Seca. When we returned she was very tired from running around the mountain, so she slept all through the night without trying to eat anything. Its like heaven. On the mountain we surveyed through this really steep part (and I mean REALLY steep) and she kept landing herself under my feet. I could barely stand up and walk but she was always there. As we hit leveler land, she relaxed and rested under coffee plants while I worked.

About the dog, anyone who wants to ship down some rawhides, they are more than gladly accepted!

1 comment:

Lois said...

I actually already bought some - will have Dad send to you. I take care of my grand-dogs!