Friday, February 26, 2010

lazy

well, unless you consider rereading books a productive way to spend a week, i have been fairly lazy lately. I have not really done much in the way of work. i thought this week would be busy, but no. can´t really say that i am sorry about it either.

The new trainees arrived in honduras this week. That also means I just passed the one year in country mark. Its strange to think that a year ago i was just arriving, didn´t know spanish, or anything about Honduras. Things that are now everyday were strange. I can remember being at home those last days, deciding what would and would not make the suitcase. Going to my goodbye brunch in MA with friends and family, not really knowing what I was getting myself into. How weird it was, thinking about Honduras.

Now, Tegucigalpa runs off the tongue, while while I learned the name once in school, I never thought I would visit, let alone live two hours away.

I feel this would be an opportune time to say some of the lessons I have learned in the year, but one year from now I would probably laugh at them, because there is so much more to learn.


Take care,

Jill

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on a year!

Lois said...

You've done good, girl! We are so very proud of you!