Friday, March 5, 2010

Holy Moly Pictures!

Hey, thanks to the miraculously fast internet in the capitol, I can upload a lot of photos.Yeah!
My kitchen in the apartment. Pila in the back.

My apartment, the counter and living room.

One photo of Santa Rosa de Copan

Park in Santa Rosa.


My friend and I in our fabulous hitchhiking in the back of a pick-up. Yes, I do have the "I'm stretching my arm out to get myself in the photo" face.
For anyone who knows what I did for my master's research, knows how much I love jar tests. This is at a water treatment plant (water supply not waste water) and they do this all the time.

My puppy! She is big, 36 pounds!


Lago Yajoa, the only natural lake in Honduras.

Superbowl party PC Honduras style.

My puppy in the back of the truck- she fell out later this day, but learned her lesson and hasn't done so since.

Lufas, the bath scrubbing thingies- the natural kind.

I do work- this is meeting a went to.


The guys clearing the space for the tank for the water system we are building.

Ok, if you zoom in you can see the tires on this bus are for serious off-roading. The true value of the school bus is just not seen the in the US.

Even the cement bags say "Say NO to drugs."


This house is made up of compacted dirt. Well, its a sand, clay and lyme mixture. It worked out really well.

This is one of the new dams. THe pipes overhead are to divert the water during construction.


Landfill-Honduran style. I went and the recycling program consists of REALLLLLLLY poor people picking the plastic bottles out, and the livestock eating anything organic. Can't even try to explain the smell there, I was there trying not to breathe, which naturally didn't work out so well.


No comments: