Saturday, March 6, 2010

updaters

Happy Belated Birthday to Jack!

Ok, so the problem with not writing for a while is that a lot has happened but getting the right dates and order, plus just trying to remember everything is hard.

The other day I had an interesting day. I had to leave town early, and I dropped Seca off at the office before the sun cleared the mountains. Walking around town was so beautiful, so peaceful. Then, on the bus I saw a bunch of kids walking to school. For some reason all I could think was that kids have been walking to school for so long and it will continue for many many years. I went and talked to a community that once had no hope and now is excited to have a lot of projects going on, and have learned how to handle their own problems. The day was just kind of like, showing me my position in the universe in that things will continue on as they have but you can change it in little ways.

I attended a meeting in a town that another volunteer has designed a park for. They were talking about the positioning of the fence around the park (even in the middle of nowhere you can have vandalism) and the gringos were like, it would look better to have the flowers outside the fence so that you get a little of the park outside, and then we were humbled by the Hondurans who said that if the flowers were outside the livestock would eat them. Oh, didn't think of that.

This past week the government run health unit put on a dog vaccination clinic. Everyone was crazy about it, dogs who have never been outside the house went. I was told at every street corner, and they didn't take, "My dog already has her vaccines," for an answer so I had to lie and be like, I already went.

My dog is famous. People I have never seen are always asking me about her. Its nuts.

I went out last night in the capitol and we played minigolf. It has to be the hardest course I have ever seen! There were four of us and we had a blast! Then we went to a McDonalds and played in the playhouse. I don't think my mom would have allowed me to run around like that at 5 years of age, but I did it at 25!

Take care, and write or send me packages

2 comments:

Megg said...

keep your eye on the mail!

Lois said...

Um,if your happy birthday Jack was to Matt's baby, he doesn't turn 1 until May! Probalby not him but thought I'd mention.