Thursday, May 26, 2011

Huacachina

This desert oasis is surprisingly simple to get to.
I wont lie, there isn´t a whole lot to the ¨town,¨see pictures of how small the place is on the previous post, and I almost dismissed this trip as a waste. then I did the sand buggy tour.

My friends had talked this up quite a bit, so I was expecting a lot, and it delivered. Being in the buggy feels like being is a rollercoaster. You are just like, there is no way we are going up there, and then you do, then you can´t see the other side and have no idea if you are going straight down, or what! It is so much fun.

Then you get to try sand sledding on the board and then actualy boarding if you can stand up on the board. I was in a group of three people, the other two were girls from Denmark, and we got to stop several times to sled. It is so much fun, and I posted a video. You get really sandy. The sand is like fine beach sand which makes trying to walk up the dunes very interesting.

My attempts at standing on the sandboard was pitiful. My first time down I had a record of ten feet before falling, and the second time I made it a little further but then had a serious wipeout.

A couple of times on the trip I had to empty my shoes of sand because they were a few sizes too small due to how much space the sand was taking up. Then showering after was fun because there wasn´t enough water pressure to actually get the sand off.

In all, the town isn´t that great, but sand buggying is totally worth it!

Next step: back to the mountains. My goal is another trek (we´ll see) and rock climbing!

No comments: