Monday, August 24, 2009

quick update

A busy day:

Saturday was busy from start to almost end.

I got up, and reorganized the things for baseball and tennis practice. I made breakfast (first time in about two weeks) and called for a ride to the high school. We went to the school, but he forgot his keys to get in, so I talked to my friends and gave them the rules for tennis that I had written up for them. Later I tried to teach them how to play tennis. It was interesting. I had looked up all the verbs in advance, but most of them slipped out of my brain by time we practiced. We didn’t have much time before I went outside for practice. Baseball practice was so HOT! I lost my patience by the end of it. We were trying to teach the kids how to field, and another group was learning the correct way to bat. It went fairly well. We are hoping to have our first scrimmage match next week, if enough kids come. It will be interesting. We haven’t taught the kids how to pitch yet, so one of us might need to be the continual pitcher and catcher for this round.

Later, after a nap and shower to refresh my spirits, I left to go to the city not too far from here for the afternoon. I have a weeklong reconnect next week, and there is a ropa Americana party there. Ropa Americana is thrift clothes stores that are sold here, and you can find some interesting items for cheap. More details to come on the awesome outfit I have gotten.

I also got to say good bye to my friend there who is leaving this week, she has finished her two years and found an awesome job back home. It’s weird how fast it seems that people come and go.

Domingo (Sunday):

Weird, Domingo came first, so I started typing it, then realized it was Spanish.

The morning was just spent being lazy. The afternoon was spent sewing my costume for the party, which was all hand sewn. Crazy, but I didn’t have the patience to wait a few days to use a sewing machine. I finally finished late last night. It is great! Pics to come.

No comments: