Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hello again, apparently I have picked up the blogging attitude.

Today, instead of baseball we played kickball. Baseball kind of fizzled out and now every other Saturday we have some kind of sport or activity for kids. We didn’t quite get the attendance we wanted, but that meant we got to play and not just be coaches. It had been a LONG time since I had played, but it was a good time! We had a few new kids and some we hadn’t seen in a long time, so that was good. Kickball, an activity that only needs a soccer ball and its fun for all ages, I recommend it.

Also, I am getting in better shape, a friend and I have started running. It was kind of weird, she knew I ran every once in a while, so one day she asked me if I wanted to run in the morning, and now we are running buddies three days a week. The first time we ran we both tried to bring our dogs and that was a disaster! First they only wanted to play and so getting them to go straight was interesting and then one little dog came up growling and ended up getting hit by a car. Since then, we just run without dogs. Occasionally S comes along and runs too.

Funny story, so I go to the post office and the guy tells me there is no mail for us. Then, he comes out and has a letter with my name on it and says there is a package. This is why I like the woman, she knows me. Turns out, the letter was mailed in August of last year! It had been hidden in the wrong box for almost a year. I started reading and got very confused because it had odd references to things that happened last year. The package was great, treats for me and for Seca!

Another note: I highly recommend the movie Memoirs of a Geisha. I know it came out a few years ago now, but I thought it was rather well done. I had avoided seeing it for a long while because I liked the book and did not see how it could be made into a movie without skipping a lot, but my congratulations to the movie makers, they did an excellent job. No two hour movie could have all the detail of a 200 page book, but the imagery was amazing and they were faithful to the story line.

No comments: