Monday, November 16, 2009

What have I been up to lately

Ok, in case you haven't looked in for a few days, this is the sixth entry in three days. I have been busy. Here it goes:

The big news is that I bought a dog! I have been wanting one for a while, but had some really bad luck finding a dog, but the other night we were walking down the street, and the house next to a pulperia (corner store) had a mom dog and puppies, so I asked about them. The next morning I went over and bought Seca, my little girl.

Since then I have realized that a dog, especially a puppy, is good practice for kids. You have to clean up poop, and vomit, and listen to them cry. Seca lives in my office because my host mom does not like dogs in the house. Dogs here are not exercised, and thus very frequently take out their extra energy on household items. Anyways, since I live next door to the office I can hear her cry when I leave her. Luckily she is taking less and less time to cry.

This past weekend we all went to a nearby town for a welcome party for the new volunteers in the department. It was a good time. S and I felt bad because we got there Saturday afternoon (we had to wait until practice was over first, since the kids hadn't had practice in three weeks) while everyone else got there Friday afternoon. The new people are really nice. It was a different atmosphere than most PC get-togethers, we spent most of the night playing games.

I did bring my puppy, because I didn't want her locked up all weekend long. She did really well on the buses, she just slept. That night I slept on a thin mattress on the floor, and Seca wanted to play all night long. Most puppies have a lot of energy, or so it seems, maybe its just that she is so young she still needs to sleep all the time. She is two months old by the way, and a german shepard mix.

Until next time my loyal readers!

No comments: