Monday, June 8, 2009

Those of you wanting shorter blogs are in luck!

Tales from the site:

Things are going well. The celebration ends tomorrow. Later in the summer (that is summer for you, winter for me), we are having another celebration, a fair-like shindig, with rides and everything, or so is the rumor. I am happy about this because with fairs comes papusas (delicious food).

I am writing this while watching the US play Honduras in the world cup qualifying match. Right now they are tied at one a piece. I decided not to go out in the town and watch this game because I didn’t want all the jokes that would go with a gringa watching the game with Catrachos (Hondurans).

Well, a bunch of my friends have received requests on what they would like as care packages. So, being the caring person I am, I’ll provide you with that list without you asking. So, here we go: LETTERS, snickers, m&m’s (all varieties), cooking spices, Gatorade fruit punch drink mix, oyster crackers, q-tips, music cd’s, hand sanitizer, or anything that you think will make me happy. I truly can buy anything I want here, so these are just luxury items, most of which I can buy here. So far I have not had problems with wanting something that I can’t get here. Oh, hair conditioner, they only sell shampoo and conditioner together here, but I like them separate. I am sure I can find this in Teguc, but it’s the one thing I have been wanting and not seeing in my town.

How do you know you are starting to adapt to Honduras?
It’s 76 degrees in my room and I am cold. To be fair it is a very damp 76. I actually have sock on, I only wear socks when I have to wear my work boots.

Good news! My sitemates and I are going to start a baseball team here in town. In the future you will be receiving a lot more news about this. Also, I have made plans to start running here, although I have told them I will only run when I haven’t spent all day trekking around in the mountains. These two activities will get me out more. Although I think I am doing well for being here less than a month.

No comments: